Thursday, February 5, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!



Today is my 40th birthday! Whew I am getting old :) Here is a picture of me and the cake my mom made on my 7th birthday. Mom would always make us a gold crown to wear and impress us with her cake decorating skills. Rachael and Ethan are now wondering why I do not make them three tiered cakes! I also thought the preschool picture of me was funny too. I think that picture was taken Fall 1973. Thank you to all of you who were in cahoots with Allen on my birthday gift. Allen and I are going on a cruise! I have never been on a cruise and have wanted to go on one. I couldn't be more surprised. In my opinion the physical age you are is just a number that doesn't really matter much unless you want to drive, drink (never at the same time) or collect retirement. Of course when I was seven I thought 40 was OLD! For those who could not find me, I am in the middle, sitting down with the pigtails and a striped shirt. The top picture is black and white. My moms' hobby was photography and she would develop the prints at home in our powder room that was converted to her photo lab.

2 comments:

RDJ Blog said...

I hope you had a great birthday Melissa! Enjoy the cruise. We want to see pictures when you get back.

RDJ Blog said...

I hope you had a great birthday Melissa! Enjoy your cruise. We want to see pictures when you get back.